Bourbon Maple Pancakes
Laura over at lolohomekitchen.com was not sure how using our Bourbon Maple granola would be in her pancake recipe. Boy did we change her mind! She swapped out the flour with our Bourbon Maple granola and said "The texture is perfectly fluffy and the flavor is perfectly cozy. Topped with maple syrup and you have a gluten-free delicious breakfast!". We say these are perfect for breakfast or dinner! Easy to whip up a batch in no time for a gluten, dairy and soy-free meal!
1 1/2 cups The Granola Gourmet Bourbon Maple granola flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup milk of choice
2 Tablespoons canola or coconut oil (melted)
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
Maple Syrup and granola for topping
- To make granola flour- Pulse/blend 1 1/2 cups granola until you have a fine powder. 1 1/2 cups granola equals 1 1/2 cups granola flour.
- In a small bowl, combine the granola flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, oil and syrup. Whisk until combined. Add wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined
- Let batter sit for 5-7 minutes, it will thicken as it sits. Lightly grease a pan and set to medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. Sprinkle a small handful of whole granola onto the top of the pancake that is still wet. Turn when bubbles start to form on top in the batter. Flip and then cook again until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup and granola sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
Recipe and photos by Laura: lolohomekitchen.com.
Follow us over on Facebook and Instagram @thegourmetgranola. Be sure to snap a pic if you make a The Gourmet Granola recipe and tag it with #eatgourmet. We love to see what you are making!