Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
Superfood Fall Soup recipe// Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
This fall soup is just what the soul needs as fall & winter draw closer. Don't top this soup with any boring croutons! Top it off with our Pumpkin Spice granola that is loaded with superfood pumpkin & sunflower seeds and all the amazing spices of the fall that gives the soup a slight crunch.
5 tbls unsalted butter
6 cups butternut squash cut in 1" cubes
2 cups chopped leaks, white & light green parts only
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 small Granny Smith apples, cored & diced
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried sage
5 cups vegetable stock
1 cup apple cider
salt to taste
The Gourmet Granola Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a cookie sheet with foil. While oven is preheating, chop the butternut squash into cubes & toss lightly with olive oil. Bake for 20 mins.
- While the butternut squash is baking, chop the leeks, carrots & celery.
- Melt butter in a large pot over med-high heat. Sauté butternut squash, leeks, carrots, & celery until softened, about 10-12 mins.
- Stir in apples, thyme, & sage into squash mixture. Then add the vegetable stock & cider.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce to low, cover, & cook until all vegetables are tender; about 30 mins.
- Remove from heat & blend with an immersion blender or let cool and blend in a blender in smaller batches.
- Return to pot of using a blender and salt to taste.
- Garnish with Pumpkin Spice granola and ENJOY!
Follow us over on Facebook and Instagram @thegourmetgranola. Be sure to snap a pic if you make a The Gourmet Granola recipe and tag it with #eatgourmet. We love to see what you are making!